Friday, January 9, 2015

Philip K. Dick Award Nominees for 2014

Congratulations to the six authors nominated for the Philip K. Dick Award:

ELYSIUM by Jennifer Marie Brissett 
THE BULLET-CATCHER'S DAUGHTER by Rod Duncan
THE BOOK OF THE UNNAMED MIDWIFE by Meg Eliso
MEMORY OF WATER by Emmi Itäranta
MAPLECROFT: THE BORDEN DISPATCHES by Cherie Priest
REACH FOR INFINITY edited by Jonathan Strahan

Emmi Itäranta was one of my first interviews as host of New Books in Science Fiction and Fantasy, and I have a special fondness for her book, which offers a tender, wise vision (with a strong female protagonist) of a world irrevocably injured by climate change.

And after my next interview airs (with Ben H. Winters, another award winner, of The Last Policeman fame), I'll be chatting with Rod Duncan. His interview probably won't air until March, but I'll be sure to ask him how it feels to be nominated.

First prize will be announced on Friday, April 3, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment